Friday, April 8, 2011

I Like My Coffee with Sugar


So yesterday was rather good. I recieved two books that I had been anticipating greatly: Power of the Poppy- Harnessing Nature's Most Dangerous Ally by Kenaz Filan and Palo Mayombe- The Garden of Blood and Bones by Nicholaj de Mattos Frisvold. A review for Kenaz's book will be posted very soon. On top of that I had plenty of good experiences and was in a better mood than usual. I hope today will be the same as I would like to go out into town with my friend (whom I like to refer to as my brother) for a day of fun and relaxation.

I have been working pretty hard on my book and am on the third draft of the manuscript. I am pondering whether to completely make the book myself or to go through www.lulu.com for self-publishing options. The book itself is a tome of magickal practice according to my own workings and experiences.

I also experienced "shadowing" today. Its a light form of possession and happened when I was near Legba's altar. It was very intense and a little shocking but totally opened up my eyes. Never doubt yourself because your spirits might decide to make their presence very clear.

On top of all of this I am trying to write as much as I can and am hoping to submit a few things to various publishers who are asking for submissions. So if any of you need submissions for a book on Afro-Caribbean tradition or just general magick please contact me with details! I'm not a Houngan but i do know quite a bit about Haitian Vodou and even some other traditions.

I've also been quite interested in the medicinal and practical use of Antispasmodics and the qualities of Dimethyltryptamine (DMT). Thats all for now but until then have a safe travel no matter where you are going and much luck in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment